05 Aug GF Peanut Butter Pie
My brother-in-law made this pie for the family a few holidays ago, and it was an instant hit! I made it recently for a party, and no one could tell it was gluten free!
For the Crust
– 1 package (10.6 ounces) gluten-free chocolate sandwich cookies (I used Glutino)
For the Filling
– 1 cup creamy peanut butter
– 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese
– 1 1/4 cups powdered sugar
– 1 container (8 ounces) Cool Whip
- Preheat oven to 350°F. In bowl or food processor, grind cookies (including filling) until very fine. Crumbs should hold together when pressed or squeezed.
- Press cookie crumbs evenly into the bottom and side of a 9-inch pie pan.
- Bake until fragrant and firm, about ten minutes. Remove crust from oven. Place on a rack to cool. You are done with the oven.
- Prepare the filling. In a large bowl (I used my KitchenAid mixer), whip together peanut butter and cream cheese until smooth.
- Add powdered sugar. Whip until combined. Mixture will be thick.
- Add Cool Whip. Turn mixer on to medium-high, and whip until smooth.
- Spread filling into prepared crust (after crust has cooled completely). Chill for two hours or overnight.
You can add more Cool Whip, whipped cream, or a chocolate drizzle on top! Serves 8 – 12 people.